Agape Healing Arts
Yoni/Root Steam Bath Ritual
Soothe and revitalize your reproductive system
Yoni steam baths have been performed as a ritual for women's health by many indigenous cultures for eons.
YONI/ROOT STEAM BATHING
Initial Consultation & Treatment (60 mins): $195
Individual Y/R Steam sessions (30 mins): $75
Package of 5 sessions: 10% discount
VIP MEMBERSHIP: $60 per treatment (20% discount / 12 months)
AGAPE SIGNATURE YONI/ROOT STEAM
This AGAPE Signature Yoni steam is inspired by an ancient ritual practiced for thousands of years in many traditional indigenous cultures all around the World.
This signature steam stimulates the production of hormones to maintain uterine health + aids regular menstrual cycles + helps to clear hormonal acne + promotes circulation + helps correct digestive disorders.
FERTILTY ENHANCING YONI/ROOT STEAM
Our Fertility blend uses a combination of herbs to enhance the health of the reproductive system, warms the womb and invigorates the circulation of the chi and stimulates blood flow to the uterus and clears dampness.
POSTPARTUM YONI/ROOT STEAM
Yoni Steaming is a time-honored tradition for postpartum care in many cultures all over the world. A series of steams will quicken postpartum healing and assist your body to return to pre-pregnant state. Our Postpartum blend will help reduce postpartum depression + promote production of breast milk + increase circulation + ease postpartum contractions + resolve hemorrhoids + clear infections + aid tissue healing around stitches + regulate bowel movements + correct incontinence and prolapse + clear lochia and water retention + helps assist in healing vaginal atrophy + infections.
MARVELOUS MENOPAUSE YONI/ROOT STEAM
Celebrate the Wise Woman that you are with this yummy nourishing blend of herbs that is sure to keep you juicy though your golden years! This blend was lovingly created to support you and your hormones during menopause and beyond.
AGAPE SIGNATURE P-STEAM FOR MEN
Originally a treatment for the Emperor of China, the P Steam for men is invigorating and detoxifying + Aids in reducing muscle tension + inflammation and lactic acid for athletes + Improves cardiovascular performance + induces deeper sleep + Soothes hemorrhoids + assists in anal cleansing + Increasing energy + enhancing general health.
AGAPE COUPLE’S HEALING-STEAM
A beautiful blend of herbs to harmonize and heal on a systemic level. Couples who steam together, stay together! This isa fun and unique time to bond and share sacred space with one another.
YONI ROOT STEAM HERBS
Our carefully crafted blends includes the highest quality, aromatic, toning and healing herbs available, All herbs are Certified Organic, fairly traded. You always have the option of using fresh herbs for a stronger effect.
CAUTION: It is not recommended to steam if you have an IUD or during menstruation. Do not do a yoni steam if you are pregnant (or think you might be).
Traditional Herbs Used for Yoni Steam:
There are a variety of herbs you can use + they are all aromatic.
Oregano: One of the top herbs for steams + Best herb to bring on menses + Increases scanty flow + antiseptic + stimulating _ strengthening qualities + aids in prevention/healing of infection + Uterine stimulant
Basil: Aids in reducing painful menstruation + Can bring on menses + Antibacterial + Spiritually cleansing + blesses the individual receiving the steam
Calendula/Marigold: used to induce perspiration + cleansing of the vaginal tissues + helps aid in the healing of wounds. Aids in healing of scar tissue + vaginal tears + hemorrhoids. Aids in the healing of tight scarred tissues of the labia + perineum due to episiotomy or vaginal tear. Note: Do not steam an open wound, this could cause pain and swelling.
Rosemary: An aromatic + antiseptic + antimicrobial + cleansing herb. Treats bacterial infection + speeds wound healing + inhibits yeast growth + stimulates menstruation. Increases circulation to the pelvic bowl + reproductive organs + , aids in clearing out of old fluids + blood. Energetically, it boosts memory + brings concentration + focused energy.
Lavender: A relaxing herb that nourishes the nervous system + calms the mind and body + supports healing + promotes menstrual flow. An antiseptic + antispasmodic to the vaginal tissues + aids in healthy uterine function. Emollient + very soothing to irritated tissues.
Rose Petals: Gentle + relaxing + uplifting + astringent to tissues of the genitals. Energetically, rose increases self-love + releases stuck emotions. Womb totem of love + healing + pampering.
Mugwort: Womb cleanser + awakener (physically + energetically). Helps to fight off infection through its antibiotic + anti-fungal properties + stimulates the production of hormones that help to maintain uterine health as well as protect the uterus from things such as ulcers + tumors. Mugwort steam opens the pores, allowing the beneficial herbs to penetrate into the blood stream. Helps to stimulate the menstrual cycle + ease cramping.
Motherwort: Motherwort stimulates uterine tone + blood flow. Tonify's the reproductive system and increases circulation to the pelvic bowl. Astringent, tonifying + cleansing, strengthens + relaxes uterine muscles, eases uterine cramping, + may help treat uterine fibroids.
Yarrow: Antibacterial + Astringent + Cleansing + Good for infections. Purifies the blood + tonifies the pelvic bowl. Great for regulating menstrual flow, treating ovarian cysts + supporting overall uterine health.
Partridge berry: Revered as a wonderful herb for the female reproductive system, partridge berry treats infertility, regulates menstrual cycles and helps decrease severe menstrual pain.
Sage: Astringent. Energetically + spiritually cleansing as it release emotional & energetic blockages.
Chamomile: Anti-inflammatory + Relaxing + calms the mind. Soothing to the vaginal tissues.
Holy Basil: Menstruation balm + tonic.
Raspberry leaf: Nurturing + protective. Strengthens + tones the pelvic bowl + uterine muscles + is a pelvic and uterine relaxant.
All the BUZZ on the Yoni/Root STEAM
YONI/ROOT STEAM BATH FAQ:
What does the word “Yoni” mean?
The term “Yoni” is Sanskrit for Vagina which means Womb, Origin of Life, Divine Passage, Sacred Space or Sacred Temple. It describes a woman’s reproductive system in its entirety.
What is a Yoni/Root Steam Bath?
A Yoni/Root Steam bath is essentially a uterine lavage. It gently and effectively cleanses the uterus of any stagnation, build-up of old blood and corrects many issues dealing with with menstruation, fertility and menopause. The healing steam and volatile oils from the plant medicine aids in clearing old uterine membranes and restoring homeostasis.
Yoni/Root steams may also be called “v-steams” or “vaginal steams.” They are called “Bajos” by the Maya traditional healers in Central America and is an ancient practice that provides gentle and effective support for women’s wellness and reproductive health.
How does it work?
The steams work by applying moist heat to the pelvic bowl which caries healing medicinal volatile oils to the exterior tissues of the vagina as well as systemically throughout the entire body via the blood stream. The warmth and moisture increases circulation to the labia, causing it to swell and expose the inner labial mucus membranes. These tissues are very porous and absorbent, and the bloodstream picks up the volatile oils and carries them deeply into the inner reproductive system, including the uterus. Thus, the herbal steam increases circulation, thins mucus and revitalizes the entire system, allowing it to shed old membrane and mucus build-up. Steaming support the womb to return to her harmonic physical and emotional alignment. When herbs are heated in water, the healing oils that contain medicinal properties are then released.
What are the benefits of Yoni/Root Steams?
The benefits of a Yoni/Root Steam Bath are a healthier cycle and a more centered, connected and empowered woman. The combination of steam and essential oils from the plants penetrate deeply into the cervix and uterus to dislodge indurated menstrual fluids and pathological accumulations that have not properly sloughed off with each monthly cycle. Induration of the uterine membrane causes the uterus to cramp fiercely to expel the hardened or thickened accumulation.
The Moist Heat of the steam bath is good medicine for the feminine body as it supports and softens the womb and the surrounding tissues, increases blood flow in the pelvic bowl and supports the uterus in releasing old stagnant blood.
Steams can assist in healing a wide variety of gynecological issues. They are very effective at enhancing fertility and assisting in postpartum recovery.
The Range of Benefits:
- prevent and correct menstrual discomfort and disorders: Yoni steams significantly reduce menstrual pain, bloating and exhaustion. They harmonize menstrual flow as well as reduce dark purple or brown blood at the onset and end of the cycle.
- Improve and Increase fertility, especially when combined with ATMAT.
- Treat uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, uterine weakness, uterine prolapse, endometriosis and hemorrhoids
- Speed healing and tone the reproductive system after birth.
- Assist with the repair of a vaginal tear, episiotomy, or C-section scar.
- Treat chronic vaginal/yeast infections.
- Relieve symptoms of menopause including dryness or pain during intercourse.
- Rids the womb and body of toxins and stress.
- Release stored emotions and tap into the energy that is our creative potential (sexual abuse trauma and other stored up emotional trauma that has occurred in our life).
What can a first time client expect it to feel like?
A first time client can expect it to feel relaxed and pampered as the warmth of the steam is very comforting and soothing. You may feel as if the steam is rising inside you like the kundalini energy and many times you can taste the herbs on your tongue. Your face will glow and your cheeks will be rosy as if you just had a facial as the steam has a full body systemic effect on blood flow.
You can expect your menstrual cycle may change after doing a yoni steam. Often, there is a great deal of debris that is lining the inside of your womb, which is expelled after doing the yoni steam. The herbs have a powerful effect on the uterus, dislodging much of what is stuck. Sometimes this means your flow will be heavy, dark and thick for just a day or two, and other times it just extends the length of your period to get it all out. Most likely, your next periods will be much lighter and more pleasant than ever before.
After doing several treatments, you'll feel relaxed, rejuvenated, and revitalized. Emotionally, you'll feel your body letting go of past traumas, and you'll feel more connected to your body than ever before.
Some positive results I’ve seen in my practice
- I recommend vaginal steams in my practice regularly for a variety of reasons, including fertility support, vaginal dryness during menopause and nursing, menstrual irregularities and postpartum support.
- I find steams particularly helpful when women have dark purple or brown blood at the beginning or end of a cycle. The healing steam helps the body to slough off old blood and tissue that’s stuck on the uterine wall. When the uterine lining is clean and clear then the womb is prepared to grow a healthy lining during the next cycle and to receive a fertilized egg.
- Many Women report an increase in cervical fluid after a steam and they feel more “juicy” which results in less painful and more enjoyable sex. (Menopause and hormonal birth control can cause dryness in cervical fluids)
- Many women experience a drastic reduction in their cramps when they add two to three vaginal steams into their monthly self-care for the two weeks prior to their flow. (The discomfort of cramps is not normal during their monthly cycle and is a sign of an imbalance that needs correction with uterine/womb massage, steams and herbal support).
How often should a woman have a Yoni/Root steam?
- NORMAL CYCLES: For those who have normal, pain free cycles, I recommend a “maintenance” vaginal steam be done once every three months with the changing of the seasons just before menses. If you are so inclined, you may steam two to three times per month, always during weeks in which you are not menstruating as part of you self care routine.
- MENSTRUAL DISORDERS: Women who suffer from pain, bloating or exhaustion during menstruation should steam every other day within the week or two before menstruation. To aid shedding of uterine lining, you may drink two cups of oregano tea for three days before cycle begins. After doing so, you will likely see a change in the fluid you pass when your period begins. You may also steam once after your cycle ends, to clear out any excess materials.
- FERTILITY CHALLENGES: Women who are experiencing fertility challenges should steam once per week, and twice during pre-ovulation, to make sure that the tissue is moist and that the cervical fluids are clear and copious. They should expect to steam for three months before seeing results. Some even recommend doing a steam every other day all cycle long for more serious conditions, for a more powerful cleanse & detox. This can be very beneficial for women struggling with long term fertility issues, but it is important to note that steaming all cycle long should only be done during a cycle where you are NOT trying to conceive.
- POSTPARTUM: Midwives administer steams to postpartum mothers within the first 9 days after childbirth, this is the ideal. It will help with clots and help the uterus to return to its proper position. Healthy woman with a natural birth would have three steams within the first nine days postpartum. Postpartum uterine lavage helps to make sure all the fluids of birth have flowed out of the body. Maya midwives use the number 9 as a spiritual tradition. They usually do three vaginal steams during the first 9 days postpartum. For the postpartum, a yoni steam may be done three times per week for four weeks to facilitate healing and toning of the uterus and vagina (please be sure there are no open wounds and that you are no longer bleeding).
- MENOPAUSE: For those going through menopause, a yoni steam is recommended a few times a year in the first couple years of menopause to ensure that the uterine membrane is very clean when it stops menstruating. (Menopausal women have reported passing clots and dark, thick blood even a year after menses has ceased. “Better out than in,” is the Arvigo motto) Women who are experiencing or who have passed menopause should steam at least three times per year for maintenance, but may steam more often if it feels right. If your challenges are chronic, you may want to steam up to three times per week to ensure the greatest results.
When is the best time of the month to steam?
You can steam at any time of the month, as long as you are not menstruating.
It is nice to do your steam later in the evening so that you can go to bed shortly after finishing the steam.
What are the Contraindications?
- Pregnancy or if you think you may be pregnant
- Women who have an Intrauterine Device (IUD)
- During active internal infection (cervical, uterine or ovarian inflammation), or a fever.
- During menstruation or when open sores or blisters are present.
Can I use essential oils instead of herbs?
- Essential oils should NEVER be used in place of herbs as they are far too strong for this purpose and can cause damage. You should only use fresh or dry herbs.